Friday, March 2, 2007

Katie's Doctors Visit

Katie had a doctor's appointment today, just for a weigh in. Bless her heart, as soon as she sees Dr. Lunsford or Miss Corey, she starts with the lip out. I have good news to report, she has gained a pound in one month. Woo Hoo! Last month, she weighed 20 lbs. 1 oz. and today she weighs 21 lbs. 2 oz. Of course, parenthood is surrounded around a scale your child's doctor keeps on his computer. This scale tells you how your child's health is progressing. Dr. Lunsford was so excited because Katie is back at the 10% body weight on the scale. He said the last time we saw her at this high of a percentile was when she was 2 months old. He asked me what we've been doing different. I told him, we've been letting her eat all the cheese she wants along with M & Ms, Yogurt Raisins, Mac n Cheese & Hamburger Helper. With all this fattening food around here, I've gained a few pounds myself. It's too bad I can't give my weight to Katie. tehe! Since Katie had such a hard time at the doctors, we went to Wal-Mart for a prize. She really deserved it, believe me (more to this story than I'm willing to broadcast)! She picked out a Mrs. Potato Head & Pluto beanie. She likes to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and at the end of the show, they play this song that starts out singing - "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggety Dog . . ." Well, when she saw Pluto the first thing out of her mouth was - "Hot Dog." Needless to say, the dog's name isn't "Pluto," it's "Hot Dog." If the cashier was noticing the items in my buggy, I'm sure she would have been very confused. I had fat free mayo, lettuce, reduced fat Turkey Deli Meat, Yogos, Hormel (very fattening) meals, Hamburger Helper Microwavable Mac 'n Cheese (loaded with fat), and Go Tarts. Today was the first time Katie's tried the Yogos. You can find them in the cereal isle with the fruit rollups & gummies. They taste good to me. I think they are the fruit gummies (ball) dipped in yogurt. She loves gummies and I figured if she loves them that much, we need to at least get some calories in her. I also stopped buying the plain raisins and buy either the raisinets (chocolate dipped) or Yogurt Raisins. She loves them for a snack. Oh, we also got her Dora the Explorer fold up chair for the yard. Right now, it's in the Living Room and is her newest chair to watch The Lady and The Tramp (newest favorite movie).

We ate at Crackel Barrel tonight for supper and it was so good, which defeats the purpose of buying Fat Free Mayonaise. Laura - I tried to get a hold of you tonight. The Crack had another Raggedy Ann outfit. This outfit was a shorts set (tank top with Raggedy Ann embroidered on one side, the shorts were blue patchwork and it came with a little hat). So cute! They had only one 2T left and I didn't know if you thought Alise would be able to wear it this Summer. We went to Office Max after supper and got a laptop carry-all for my computer. I think Doug was kind of surprised that I picked out the color red for the carry case. I thought it looked more like for a woman instead of a man. I like it! I told him with all the bidding on ebay, blogging, and publishing photos on the web, I may need to see if I can get a job with ebay or something related to the internet. Honestly, I think it has something to do with my weight gain as well. tehe!

Tomorrow, Millard & Peggy are suppose to come over and help Doug cut our Pompus Grass. I think Katie, I and maybe Peggy are going to Hobby Lobby in Decatur for a little bit. I wanted to check out the lawn decorations and see if they may have any dragonfly mesh figures to decorate Katie's room. Right now, there are pastel colored flowers accented with rhinestones and swirls hanging from her ceiling. She likes to show people her room with the flowers - "Uh wee!" I haven't checked (I will later), but hopefully they will have their lawn decorations on sale. My outside decorations have aged (turned/faded) badly. It's time for NEW!

Sunday, Doug has a Deacons meeting, so I guess we won't go far. Besides, he has to get ready to start back to school Monday. He's enrolled with Devry (online institution) for a Bachelor's in Business Management. He has just enrolled for one class - "Critical Thinking and Problem Solving" for this semester. Please keep him in your prayers.

I've started reading "Get Out of That Pit" by Beth Moore. It's a small book, but I plan to take it slow and will try to read a chapter a day (that is if my worldly life will promit it). Eventhough, I've only read two chapters, I find myself in relation to several situations she teaches. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

Take care of each other and God Bless You in a very Special Way!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I got your message. I went to CB and got Alise the outfit. Thanks for keeping us posted on the new Raggedy Ann stuff! Also, congrats with Katie!! Keep stuffin' that girl with food!!