Thursday, March 8, 2007

What's Going On With American Idol?

American Idol
Well, I don't know what to say. I can not believe Sanjaya is in this competition another week! When Sundance & Sanjaya were standing side by side and Ryan Seacrest announced one will be staying and the other will be leaving, I just knew it was Sanjaya. Another mistake I think was Sabrina (my #1 pick) being voted off. What is going on? Between Haley & Sabrina - there is no question Sabrina is a much better singer & performer than Haley. What is America thinking? I believe the judges and everyone else (in the audience) knew sending Sundance & Sabrina packing was a HUGE mistake. Oh and don't forget Jared! Yeah, he wasn't that impressive this week, but I've heard him singer better. He is a much better singer than Sanjaya. Do you get the message - I don't care for Sanjaya! Plus, Jared was the cutest guy on there. I'm just glad I won't have to hear Antonella another week. She was an okay singer, but she isn't in the same level as most of the other girls. I guess I will have to change my Top 5 Picks list now. Poor Sabrina! I think she will be another Jennifer Hudson. She got recognized enough, I believe.

Ebay
Here I go again! I went to ebay browsing to see if there was anything out there that I need to watch for as far as a shorts set. I fell in love with this cute outfit and I know this is going to sound funny and not like me at all, but the top has two ostriches on it. Yes, I said ostriches! It is so cute! I just couldn't let it leave my grasps, so I won the bid tonight. I know I have a problem. Here's the link, check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330094907870&rd=1&rd=1 you'll have to scroll down to see the outfit. I know you'll see the price I paid for and yes I got a little out of control. I set my price in my mind and I went over by $2. Its still not a bad price because I went out on the web and got a couple of prices for an idea as to what this brandname is going for. I had never heard of "Picture Me" clothing line. I'm not going to look at ebay for the next couple of weeks.

Ryan's Visit
I'm so excited to see Ry-Ry! I got to thinking about him in Wal-Mart today, decided to call up Maryann and see what he would need for his new place in NC. I went ahead and bought a couple of things, I know I like for the Kitchen. I will probably stick with the Kitchen items, but I may venture out. I was planning on giving him his gift at graduation, but he may appreciate it if I keep the gift here and he can pick it up on the way to his new place. When it gets closer to May, I'll ask him. I'm so excited about our trip to Mobile, his graduation. Susan mentioned the other day how she would like to go to the Gulf, since we'll be so close. I would love to take Katie to the Gulf, play in the sand and water for a little bit. I think she would like it!

Katie
You know the picnic table we recently bought Katie. Well, it's going out in the yard. I can't get her to stop climbing on the top of the thing and then flop over onto the arm chair. She's rolled off the top of the table a few times today alone and I can't get it through her thick skull to pay attention. Those of us who know her will understand what I'm talking about, she is so floppy and spins around without knowing where she's going or what she's running into. Next thing you know, she's hurt again. What makes me feel bad is I want to cuddle with her and baby her when she's hurt, but nope. She won't have it. She gets mad, won't let me hug on her and kiss her to make her feel better. She would rather throw her tempertantum, go right back and do it again. I guess it's good she won't give up, but in the same sense it worries me that she'll get hurt again. HARD HEAD! Who does she get this from?

I finally got to go to Monograms Plus today. Woo Hoo! I really wanted to have Katie's three initials on the collar of the dress, but the writing would be too small. So, they talked me into putting just "K" on the collar. We picked out a pretty script style. The lady said the dress should be ready by Monday. I was so surprised how much they have expanded the inside of their store. I know they have needed the space for some time now. They are also stocking more Stephen Joseph items. I don't think they carry as much SJ as Cutie Patootie, but they carry a lot of other nice things.

Katie and I were outside enjoying the warm weather - 73 degrees and sunny. I read while she played. In reading my daily devotion it is titled "Relax From The Stresses of Life!" So true! It goes on to read 2 Thessalonians 1:7 - "And to you who are troubled rest with us . . ." The Thessalonians were going through hardships at the time Paul wrote the book of 2 Thessalonians. It says they were exhausted, extremely tired, worn out, and fatigued. I think we all feel this way from time to time. The simple idea of relaxing and taking a load off were unforseeable. According to the interpretation "Sparkling Gems" uses: The word "troubled" in the verse meant not just mildly suffering, but horrifically suffering and this type of suffering had been going on for some time for the Thessalonians. Paul is telling us today (interpretive translation of this verse could be): "To you who are still going through difficulties right now, it's time for you to let up, take a breather, and relax. We know what it's like to be under pressure, but no one can stay under that kind of stress continuously. So join us in learning how to loosen up a bit. Shake off your troubles and allow yourself a little relaxation and time for recreation . . ." "So say goodbye to your problems today. Take a break and allow yourself a little time to rest, relax, and recuperate!" Remember God even rest on the sabbath day. After reading this verse and it's possible translation, it confirms again that God is from the South. Tehe! Just kidding! When it comes to relaxing and smelling the roses, us Southerners know how to do it best. When I read this I thought it would be a "good thing" to add in today's blog. If someone is out there that have been going through "troubles," I hope it touches you the way God would want it to and you might be blessed. The above devotion was from the book "Sparkling Gems from the Greek," by Rick Renner.

Take Care of each other and God Bless You!

No comments: