Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Birthday - Ryan!

I want to wish my nephew, Ryan a Happy Birthday! He turned 23 years old Saturday. Him and his girlfriend got to come home this weekend. Saturday, Maryann & Kevin had a little get together in his honor. I got to meet Ryan's girlfriend's parents and sister for the first time. They seemed very nice and the sister was so polite. It was so good to see him and he seems very happy. I think he will be happier when May comes around, he graduates in May. We took lots of pictures, mostly Doug, so check out our website www.katiebuginbama.photosite.com .

We've been planning on purchasing a Portable DVD player for baby girl before we went down south. We were undecided as to what kind of player to buy. I liked the dual screens that rest on the back of the seats in the car. It really didn't seem to matter with Doug what kind, but I just felt this way because Katie won't be pulling and kicking on the player. Doug didn't work Friday, so he wanted to go to Birmingham and see what Sam's & Best Buy had in stock. Sam's in B'ham didn't have anymore dual screens in stock. He dropped Katie & I off at the mall, so I didn't go with him to Best Buy. I guess he didn't find anything he liked. JC Penny had their swimsuits and covers on sale, so I got her a 2 piece suit and cover (flip flops are on the front). We had to go to the Disney Store. They have a new stock of character dolls including Mermaid. "Mermaid, Mermaid!" That's all I heard. Needless to say, I bought her a Mermaid doll. She is part of the sleep party in Katie's bed. All of Katie's favorite stuffed animals sleep with her. It's like one big slumber party!

Sunday, we decided to go to Huntsville after church and check out their Sam's and Target. We hadn't see Millard and Peggy all week, so we asked them to come along. I think they enjoyed their time with Katie. We bought the dual screen Portable DVD player from Sam's. This particular DVD system is pretty cool. You can play two separate movies at the same time, but both systems (screens) must be hooked up together in order for it to work. We learned that the hard way. We went to Target and bought "Madagascar" the movie to play on the way home. Well, it wouldn't work. Doug tried to just hook up one screen to play the movie on the way home. When we got home, Nic came over for Doug to work on his computer. While Doug was doing updates for Nic's computer, Nic and I worked on the DVD player. "Madagascar" is just one of those movies this system doesn't recognize at all. Thankfully it will play "The Wizard of Oz." Katie was having a good time sitting in her high chair having a little snack and watching "Wizard of Oz," while Nic and I were still figuring out the player. It was going to take awhile for Doug to finish Nic's computer, so we ordered a pizza and watched "Madagascar." I'm telling you, if you haven't seen this movie - You've Got To See It! It is a clean funny movie. Katie really likes the music. Nic was laughing at her and her many moves. Oh I forgot to tell you, we stopped by Bruster's Ice Cream. Oh, my gosh! I love that place. I'm just thankful (at times) there's not one near here because their ice cream is so good. If you have access to a Bruster's, you have to try their Chocolate Pecan. It is my personal favorite, but I don't get to eat it much because they are always out. My second choice is the Chocolate Trash - Yummy!

It was so beautiful outside. Unfortuately, I had to do lots of work inside the house. I was able to divide up my time. Katie and I got to get out this evening a little bit. We needed to get a hold of my flowerbeds. I want to get them cleaned out and pruned before I get mulch for them. Needless to say, I've got a long way to go. Doug seems to think we got more acorn nuts this year then in the past. It's awful when you try to walk out in our yard. Doug's mulched several times with the lawn mower, but it doesn't affect the nuts except for pushing them down further in the yard. I was walking barefoot this afternoon cleaning out the beds and you know that hurt. I was walking all over nuts. So as soon as I cut back the monkey grass in one bed, I started raking up acorn nuts in the side yard. If it hurts my feet, I know it will hurt Katie's feet. Eventhough I didn't get to finish, I did make some headway. I'm probably going to be working on these nuts all week (between showers). The high was around 75 degrees today and is suppose to be close to 79 degrees tomorrow. It has been so nice the past few days. I just hope to be able to get the mulch in the beds before April. I guess we will see.

Today, I was think about Ryan's Graduation gift and what he would need and what he would like. After talking to him, I'm most certain I will stick with Kitchenwares. I think he's got everything taken care of that's not furniture related. Well, I love pictures and I especially taking pictures. I thought it would be neat to get a frame from Hobby Lobby (3-4x6" in one frame). I wished I had the sources (real nice stable handwriting) to have a King James Version verse written on the mat. I was thinking about Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "To Everything There is a Time." I have the first verse on a plaque in my Kitchen. It always reminds me to stop, take it easy, appreciate all that's around you and be patient. I have to be reminded of this on a daily basis. The world naturally encourages us to hurry and rush. I hate to rush! A lot of you, who know me, just said "Yeah, I know." Rushing makes me drop things, hurt myself (smash my finger), forget something (or several somethings) and puts me in a very bad mood (I have a hard time getting myself out of). With this verse, it tells me I don't have to rush. Whatever is going on can wait, if it can't then it's not worth getting hurt over. Stop and pay attention!

Don't forget American Idol tomorrow!

Take care of each other and God Bless You!

No comments: