Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Down To The Final Twelve

American Idol
Beings the contestants had to sing Diana Ross songs, of course, the gals blew the guys away. I feel it's unfair to the guys because it must be hard to sing most women's songs. I know it's hard for women to sing songs from AC/DC, Guns & Roses and etc. I didn't care for Chris Sligh's rendition of Diana's song (forgot name). I just hope he survives this week because I know he can sing. Of course most of you know how I feel about Sanjaya, so I won't go into that other than the boy can't throw his voice. I was listening to Rick & Bubba and they feel Sanjaya is still in this competition simply because the teenage girls think he is hot. Maybe that's why he is still in the race. If looks is the case, what about Jared. Why isn't he still in? Go figure! I felt so sorry for Haley and Brandon, I guess their nerves got the best of them. I felt Melinda, LaKisha & Jordin did outstanding and I hope they make it all the way. Results are tomorrow, don't forget!

BJCC Proposed Expansion
The most exciting local news is a possible expansion on the BJCC which includes a dome stadium. The best part would be some private investors have a certain amount of money put to the side that will cover the cost; therefore, tax payers will not have to be stuck with the bill. Here's the write up: http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=2660560&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1 .

Katie and I spent the day with Peggy today. We went shopping in Hartselle and Decatur. We thought about going to Huntsville, but backed out at the last minute. We stopped by a Hartselle resident's home and Peggy bought us a wooden Easter Bunny with Egg ("Happy Easter" written on it) to put out in our yard. The best place to purchase flags is "Flying Forever" shop. They have a wide variety of designer flags and other gifts like windchimes, garden flags, kites, & other miscellaneous items. Today, Peggy and I purchased a couple of pretty Easter flags. I couldn't decided on a couple of flags. I also went ahead and got Katie a Birthday flag. It just says "Let's Party" with balloons & confetti on it. They did have a flag where you could change the age. For instance, "Happy Birthday - 2 years old!" I had a hard time choosing which one to get. I decided on the other flag because I can use it for other parties. Now, I would like to get a blow up "Happy Birthday" to put in the yard. I have a website bookmarked that I can go to and purchase one, but I'm trying to save on shipping/handling by trying to find it at local stores. I will have to start looking hard for it or I may have to buy it from the website. Unless something drastically changes, we will probably have a Sesame Street Birthday Party.

Take care and God Bless!

No comments: