Sunday, March 16, 2008




Congratulations Nicholas

for accepting

Spring Hill!

Congratulations Leslie

for accepting


Congratulations Liz & Nolan


selling their house & buying a new house!

Mom's Health Update

A lot has gone on since the last time I wrote. Dad and I visited Mom at the hospital friday. She seemed stronger than the day before, but still couldn't eat anything without getting sick.

Sue and I spent all day with her yesterday. She seemed to be in good spirits. She sat up on the side of the bed, by herself, in order for us to wash her hair (approx. 15 minutes). Later, her OT and PT came in to evaluate her condition. The PT had her sitting up on the side of her bed for another 15 minutes, while the OT went through some arm & leg exercises. I think she did excellent during this time. At supper time, she asked to sit up on the side of the bed again. By this time, she was getting tired. After she ate 1/2 bowl of Cream of Mushroom Soup, she was full and tired. If I had to guess, I would say she sat up for approximately 10 minutes. Mom told us that she has felt better than she has in the past few days, which made us feel really good. When we first got her into the hospital (Tuesday night), she was dehydrated. They really pumped the fluid to her. Now, the doctor seems to think the fluid got on her heart, causing her some difficulty breathing. She is on breathing treatments every 4 hours and they are giving her laysics (?) to dry up the fluid on her heart. She is on a small dosage of steriods for inflammation & muscle stiffness. Well the doctor said that the steriods are causing her blood sugar to rise. Before lunch, they tested her sugar and it was over 400. The nurse gave her 3 insullin shots to lower her sugar level. By supper time, her sugar came down to 296 and the nurse gave her one insullin shot. The nurse said her level should be around 120. Mom sat up, talked and laughed with us most of the time. When she got tired, we would talk and let her rest. The whole visit was encouraging to us.

June visited her today after church. She said that she was awnry and uncooperative. She didn't want to sit up on the side of the bed, not even raised up in the bed. June didn't think she ate all that much, but she hasn't had much to eat for about a week. She did say that Mom told her that she felt better today than she did yesterday. The doctor told June after testing Mom's strength that she is doing good. They tested her blood sugar and it got down to approximately 210.

Our Photosite

I received a notice yesterday saying that our photosite has been upgraded for security reasons. I sent out invitations to all my family, that I had their email addresses, in order to view our photo albums. If you didn't receive an invitation and you are my friend or family member and you would like to view our photo albums online, please send me a comment or email me. I'll be sure to send you an invite.


The little stinker, she wouldn't get up yesterday. I finally had to wake her up around 9:00, before I left to meet Sue. I told Doug that she probably wouldn't take a nap because she got up so late. Well, she took a two hour nap and according to Peggy, she had to go wake her up because she wouldn't wake up on her own. I put her to bed at 10:00 last night and would you believe that I couldn't keep her in her bed for 2 1/2 hours. I would feel something crawling around me or she would be laying on me. I would have to get up and take her back to her bed. Like I said, this went on until around 12:30 a.m. I was so mad at her by this time that I couldn't go to sleep because I was afraid she might scare me again. I tossed and turned until after 2:00 a.m. My alarm went off at 6:30 this morning to get ready for church. Ugh! I felt like a freight train ran over my body. I was exhausted and zero energy. I told Doug after I took my bath that if Katie gets up after 9:00 that she is to only have a 30 minute to hour nap during the day.

Dad's TV Bit The Dust

As you may know, Dad and Mom's TV bit the dust. Dad said this past Wednesday, I believe, he was smelled burning wires and knew it was the TV because it had been giving him some trouble. They have a small 13 inch TV in their bedroom, so he got it out to watch. He said that he didn't know how long he could take watching this tiny TV. Well, Doug had been asking me for us to buy a new TV. He had a friend of a family member that works for LG to order him a new TV. Doug and I were planning on giving Dad and Mom our TV as soon as we got a new one. Well, I was hoping that theirs would last a lot longer than it did. I told Doug about Dad's TV dying and he got so excited. He asked again about the way I felt about ordering a new TV. I gave in, thinking of my parents. Yes girls, I gave in. He not only got a new flat screen, but an HDTV. Ugh! What have I done? I hope I don't regret this decision. Our new TV won't get in anytime soon, but a friend of ours was wanting to get rid of her TV. She offered it to Dad and he was so excited. We went this evening and picked it up to take back to his house. Doug and Pat got Dad all fixed up with the television settings. He seemed so excited and happy over his new TV.

1 comment:

sarah and allan said...

LOL. i got a kick out of your giving in to the t.v. me and allan keep going back and forth about getting a new t.v. HAHA.. I haven't gave in yet buti may soon. He wants an LG also. Once you can hang on the wall. I think a 42 inch or something. YIkes!!! Our t.v. now is worthless though. Katie must be going thru a little growth spurt. ?? Lilly slept from 9pm till 2 am last night. 5 hours straight. I just couldn't believe it.