Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Nicholas!



I wanted to wish Nicholas a Happy 18th Birthday! I think his parents threw him a great birthday party yesterday. I hate it that we didn't get to stay too long. I understand Katie had a great time at his party and her aunties have enjoyed making her rotten.



Last night was our goodbye get-together with Sandy. I hated to see her leave, but I know she needed to get back home to her family and new job. Sandy - Congratulations on the job and becoming another Grandma. Lord willing, we'll be able to see her in May under much better circumstances, Leslie & Nicholas' graduations. So I can't hardly wait. I'm glad Sandy was able to spend a little time with Katiebug before leaving. Sandy hasn't seen Katie since she was born. Apparently, Katie was in rare form, no thanks to the chocolate she was given, because Sandy, Sue & June all said she was so funny. We couldn't get Katie to go to sleep until close to Midnight because she was so wound up. She hated getting up this morning for church. I had to remind her that she was going to play on the playground today at church and it seemed to help get her out of the bed. When she got ready, she automatically assumed we were ready. She was beginning to get aggravated with us.

We had Sherry and Roger over for supper. We enjoyed visiting with them, but Sherry and I couldn't get Mom off of our mind. What are we going to do with her? Sometimes, I don't know what to think. I don't want to judge her on the spot, but she's got me really concerned. She told Doug and I last night that her brain was telling her legs to move, but they won't. She told this to Sherry, Maryann, Whitney and others today. Sherry seems to think that she is enjoying being waited on hand and foot, this is why she won't put forth any effort. I would like to give her a benefit of a doubt. I asked Sherry if their Mom was just as difficult when she got older. She began telling me stories about Grandma. Sherry was pretty much telling me that my Mom is her Mother's daughter. I just hope by the time Katie and I get over there to visit, she'll be up walking around the room.

No comments: