Thursday, January 31, 2008

Roll Tide!



Katie wanted me to take a picture of her wearing her new cheerleader outfit that her Daddy bought for her. As an added touch, she wanted her duck backpack on that her Aunt Sandy & Uncle Wade got her for Christmas. Sandy - as you can see, she absolutely loves this backpack. I tried packing it away, but she loves to fill it full of her stuff and tote it around. She'll come hunting me down and ask me to put her backpack on. The black sequins ballet shoes came from Mom and Dad as a Christmas gift. Right now, they are her favorite shoes. You have to notice that she doesn't wear socks with her shoes. She calls them her "Dorothy" shoes as in "The Wizard of Oz" Dorothy. She looks like a little college student with her flip cell phone, which is really hers. I have more pictures on the photosite for you to see.

CPSC Recall List as of January 31st
  1. Kids II Inc. Recalls Crib Toys Due to Choking Hazard. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08176.html
  2. Girls' Hooded Jackets with Drawstrings Sold Exclusively at Marshalls Stores Recalled by Apollo Jeans Due to Strangulation Hazard. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08177.html
  3. Baby Sterling Silver Teethers Recalled by Elegant Baby Due to Choking Hazard. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08178.html




Alright a lot of grown men have just said to themselves, "that's my little man!" as soon as they saw Jake's t-shirt. If you can't tell what it says, it's "Hooters Girls Love Me." He is such a cutie!

Mom's Tablemate TV Trays and storage rack arrived this afternoon. I debated on if I should wrap it up or go ahead, load it up and take it over there as soon as possible. Katie and I rushed around, packed up the truck and took the trays over to Mom and Dad's house. I figured the sooner she got it, the sooner she could use it. I dragged that big box into Mom and Dad's house and they couldn't get over what I was doing. I told Mom "Happy Birthday" from all of us kids. Dad saw what it was and I think he was more excited in getting the trays then Mom. It didn't take long before Dad dug in and we began assembling the trays and storage rack. Of course, Katie was right in the middle of everything. She is such good help! From the way they acted, they really like the Tablemate trays and storage rack. We did good girls!!

This morning, Mom sounded great on the phone and in a good spirit. By this evening, she was wiped out. She said the Physical Therapist came by and wore her out, walking her around and doing exercises. Plus, she got a few visitors this afternoon as well. She seemed very weak and tired by the time I got over there. After Dad and I finished assembling the trays & rack, Mom's Occupational Therapist came over and tried to get her to do more exercises. I don't know why they had all this therapy done in one day. She was too tired from the PT that she couldn't do anything for the OT. Go figure! I was a little disappointed at her because she wanted to get up on the edge of the chair. I asked her if she wanted to stand up for a little while and she agreed. We got the walker in front of her and Dad put the belt around her waist and she wouldn't stand up right. At one time she told me that she was afraid she was going to fall. What? I reassured her that we had a hold of her and she wasn't going to fall. For some reason, she would not stand up. I asked her what was the matter, why couldn't she stand up. She kept saying, she was trying. Finally, she wanted to sit because she was too tired. I don't know where this was coming from because she never was afraid in the past.

No comments: