Monday, January 28, 2008

Potty Training Woos!

Doug and I are about at the end of our rope when it comes to Katie and Potty Training. Okay, we have followed EVERY ONES advice about the technique of a successful potty training. It is clear to us that either Katie is strong headed about wearing diapers for the rest of her life or there is something physically wrong with her. I told Doug tonight that I was at the point to where I'm convinced there is something wrong with her and need to take her to the doctor. Thinking that since she was now 2 1/2 years old, it would be a good time to try once again the potty training. We've got cloth panties & vinyl panties, to put on top of the cloth panties. We've got the Pull Ups during bed/nap time. I've got a travel potty & folding potty on it's way to us at any time. We've got gummies and M&Ms for rewards. We're going to the potty every 1/2 hour to an hour and sit on the potty for 2 minutes or longer. NOTHING! As soon as she gets off the pot, 5-10 minutes will pass and I'll hear her say, "oops, sorry Mommy." UGH!!!! I'll ask her every 5 minutes in between the 1/2 hour to an hour potty break, if she needs to go potty. Every time she'll say, "no." One time, I asked her and she said no, I thought it would be good to go ahead and have her sit on the potty any way. I pulled down her pants and they were soaking wet. No telling how long she had been going around with wet panties. UGH!!! So I don't think June's method will work with her. June said she broke Nicholas because she wouldn't change his pants right away. I have a feeling Katie doesn't care! On top of all of this, I think Katie is going through a little PMS. She didn't want to mind me or her Daddy, she whined most of the day (especially if she didn't get her way), and she pushed every button I had. After pulling most of my hair out, this Momma had enough. I gave her a tubby, brushed her teeth, she said her prayers, read her book and put her to bed at 8:30. I can't remember the last time, she went to bed that early. I can't tell you if she actually went to bed, but she's quiet and has left me alone for the past 15 minutes. Of course, she has tried to ease her way in bed with me, but not tonight. I do believe the potty training is going to be one of the toughest challenges yet to come. After tonight, it's obvious that she's not ready. I really wanted to keep going with this none stop, but I don't want to get us both so mad and frustrated to where I think I'm going to loose my mind. I'm going to have to go with the advice of waiting until she's ready. If she's not ready by the time she's 3, I'm having tests run and that's no joke. Doug and I have jokingly talked about Katie going out on dates wearing diapers and how she had better find a good understanding husband to change her diapers. Doug said it was a good thing because that means she'll always be here with us.

I can be a good Mom. I thought how neat it would be to have Katie's Princess tent over her bed. I measured the tent and her bed and it fit perfectly. I got it all fixed up and Katie was all smiles when she saw it. Now, I can move around in her room without having to squeeze around the tent.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm sorry, but I certainly don't envy you right now!! The potty training was the absolute worst for me! But hang in there! One day it will just click and she'll get it. I know you probably don't believe me right now - because I didn't believe it when other people told me - but she will in her own time. What helped Alise was seeing all her little school friends use the potty. Does Katie have any church friends that use the big girl potty?