Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Katie Learning Her Numbers, Colors & Shapes

Katie and I got back into her books today. We went over her numbers, colors, and shapes. I'm happy to report, she can count up to 12 without any problem. She can also count backwards from 5 to 1. I have to thank "The Little Einsteins" for her education. With a little help, she can count to twenty. Sometimes, she gets her numbers a little mixed up after the number twelve. She recognizes the shapes: triangle, square, heart, diamond, and star. We have a little work to do when it comes to circle, rectangle and oval. She wants to call them a square, but I understand where she could get some of them confused. We have a lot of work to do when it comes to colors. She thinks every color should be "green." I'll even put a green crayon by a different color crayon and she still calls it "green." Oh well, she's only two. If everything goes well with Mom come next week, I think it would be a good time to start potty training once again. I'm just kind of holding my breath. I know this is crazy, but I've been looking into themes for Katie's birthday. We've got a lot going on this year, so I'm afraid Katie won't have a very big birthday party. Doug said she is done with the big cakes from Publix. I guess you have to know the story. He said we need to stick to the basic sheet cakes. tehe! Based on what Katie is into right now, our list would be the following: Tinker Bell, Strawberry Shortcake, Miss Spider and Sunny Patch, Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Mermaid and The Little Einsteins. Katie will have to help me narrow it down by July.

I spoke to Mom this afternoon and she said that she survived the first day of therapy. She's done quite a bit of walking & brain functioning exercises. She sounded pretty tired, but I told her this was a good thing.

No comments: