Tuesday, May 20, 2008

American Idol

American Idol
Okay y'all. Who do you think is going to win this thing? According to my poll, it looks like most of you like David Cook. I love David Cook, but the judges were rooting for David Archuleta. In the past, if the judges were one sided that usually meant that person would get it. They say that the judges don't influence the voting, but I think they do. Either way, both Davids have a great future ahead. Don't forget to watch tomorrow to find out the results.

Laura - you are crazy, girl! You know I had to read your comment twice before it hit me what you were talking about. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about your blog venting when I posted that FN picture. I appreciate you keeping your eyes open for me with the FN party supplies. Did you ever come down off of your caffeine high? Later, you should re-read your posting. It's funny! I had to giggle the whole time because I had this image in my mind of you being fired up and wired up.

Jennifer - Thanks for letting me know that baking cake batter in ice cream cones actually do work. This eases my mind a little more. I had this image of the cones cracking and cooked cake oozing through the cracks.

Y'all will never believe it, but it's 10:20 and Katie is actually asleep. I might get some sleep now. As most of you know, I have to fight with her to stay in bed for close to 2 hours before she finally falls asleep. To tell the story of why she fell asleep so early, I have to tell you that she got up late. I didn't get to bed until 2:00 this morning. I know, I know, but I was on a mission - Fancy Nancy party planning. Right before Doug left for work this morning, he brought Katie into my bed around 5:30. I got up around 9:30 and I tried to wake Katie up, but she just rolled over. I thought she was awake around 9:45, but I noticed her eyes shut. Ugh! I had to pounce on her at 10:00. I finally pulled her out of the bed at 10:15. She was awake, but didn't want to get out of bed. Boy, I know how that feels at times. Needless to say, I wouldn't let her take a nap today. Yeah, she got a little grumpy around 6:00, but she soon got over it when I threatened to put her in time out. I'm such a mean Momma!

Katie has really developed this attitude. Everything is "now". For instance, she's all the time saying, "Mommy, I want something to drink now!" There is no kind word and especially "please." So, today I've been telling her that she needs to stop telling me "now", instead say "please". She would just look at me and smile. The little turkey, she knows what she's saying. I didn't give in today. If she said that "now" and no "please," I wouldn't do what she told me to do. I told her I wouldn't get it unless she was more kind to her Mother and say please and thank you. She would finally say "please", but she kept adding that "now" word. I continued to correct her and explained that it was a mean word. I know where she gets it from, Me. When I mean business and want her to come to me right then and there, I'll tell her to come to me "now". I also noticed another phrase that she got from me. A while back, she started this "hush" and holding her hand over my mouth (she got this from me as well). When I'm talking to someone, while she's watching her movie, she'll come over and put her hand over my mouth and tell me "hush, Mommy". Well I started telling her not to hush me because I'm her Mommy. Now, when I tell her to hush. She'll point her finger at me and tell me "not hush me, Mommy". Ugh! It's a loosing battle! I finally started telling her this afternoon that I'm the Mommy and what I say goes. Let's see how long it will take before she remembers to say that phrase word for word. Little turkey!

My sweet husband was going to surprise me today with a copy of "National Treasure 2 Book of Secrets", but he said Walmart was all sold out of the BluRay. It must be very good. He told me that he would keep a look out for it. Isn't that the sweetest thing? Did I tell you that he surprised me on Mother's Day with "27 Dresses"? He knows just what to buy me. MOVIES! I love "27 Dresses"! I even watched it today, while Katie was in the back watching "Barbie in The Nutcracker". We are two spoiled girls.

1 comment:

sarah and allan said...

I just got done watching A.I. and i have to say i now think David A. will win it all. I was rooting for david cook but i agree with the judges with bad song choices and he just didn't bring it i thought. too bad i would of like to see him win it but i don't think it will happen. Also, i know what you mean with attitude. Emma and I have had to have a couple talks about bad attitudes. She is doing better but she was stomping thru the house and slamming doors the other day. hmmm.. 5 year olds are tough business. lol