Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Head to Head

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Well, it's official - these two American Idol contestants meet head to head in the final next week. I'm so glad the two David's are in the final competition! I like David Archuleta. I think he has a great voice, but I really like a rocker! I would love to see David Cook win this next week. Either way, both of them will have great success and can't wait to see what becomes of them. I honestly didn't know David Cook wasn't suppose to audition for the contest until tonight. If you don't know the story, he was at the audition supporting his little brother. One of the producers met David and liked him. He was told right then that they wanted him to audition. Unfortunately, his little brother didn't make it through the first audition, but David did. Don't forget to watch it next Tuesday and Wednesday (I think) to find out who wins. They showed the high lights from when they auditioned for The American Idol through their whole journey. I don't know about you, but I always get teary eyed during this part. It's incredible how God touches the lives of others. Let's just hope and pray, they realize where their talent came from and who allowed them to make it this far. I also hope they will continue to use their talents for the greater good of the Lord.

Mom Update
Dad called this morning to let me know that Dr. King met with him and Sandy. Dr. King is having Mom's feeding tube moved from her nose to her stomach. He feels she will be able to receive the proteins and nutrients a lot quicker this way. The medical insurance very soon will be throwing a fit about Mom remaining in ICU, so Dr. King wants her to stay in ICU as long as the insurance will allow it and then move her into a room. They are having to boost her protein intake because her body is absorbing it as fast as it is being pumped into her. He still feels that as soon as her protein levels get back to normal, her swelling will go down. She still doesn't have any signs of C. difficile, but they are keeping her on antibiotics to make sure it doesn't come back. Dad said she was about the same today. He seems to think she does better in the afternoon, as far as sitting up and talking to you, then mornings.

Personal Note
We have these bushes here that look like they may be related to the Spirea family, they grow in the wild here and they have a very sweet fragrance. They are very beautiful. Boy, oh boy, do they give me sinus problems. My sinuses have been draining for the past few days, causing my throat to be aggravated. I love Spring, it just doesn't like me too much. tehe!

I need your prayers as well. It really shouldn't be a big deal, but you know me. As you may know, I had a miscarriage around November. Well, the baby would have been due around June 3rd. I know God had a reason for taking him/her on to heaven, but it still hurts at times. I've been so busy lately, thank goodness, to really think about our little baby. For the past several days, I've been thinking about him/her and in my mind I think about how big I should have been by now. Crazy sounding huh! I know God will get me through this and life will go on, but Doug and I are still trying to conceive another child. That is if I could get my timing down pat without something coming up or forgetting. I just try to think of it as it wasn't meant to be at this time. Please pray for us - that if it is God's will to comfort me and get me through June 3rd. Also that we might be able to bring Katie a little brother or sister into the world real soon. Thank you!

1 comment:

sarah and allan said...

aww.. emma's b-day is june 3rd.. we sure will pray for you and doug. God has a path for all of our lives so i'm sure if it is meant to be then it will happen. He knows the desires of your heart. ;-)
love you all