Tuesday, May 6, 2008

God's Hands

I am still amazed every day of God's Almighty power. I mean you know He is all powerful, but just when you think we need to be prepared for the worst (reality), He creates a twist to always keep you guessing. What I believe is happening is God is listening and answering our prayers. He has answered so many prayers (back to back) and blessed me so much that I don't feel like I desire it. A lots happened since I wrote last. Mom has taken a turn for the better. Last week, a source thought Mom might be having kidney problems. She gave me information to do some research and it all pointed towards Acute Kidney Failure. Oh no! Because of the information we were finding out, Maryann made an appointment with all the medical team that is currently working with Mom. Yesterday, Dad spoke with Dr. King and he said there was nothing wrong with Mom's kidneys. In fact, there is just a little bit of C.difficile in Mom's bowels and her health continues to improve. Now, she has to eat in order to get her strength back. The doctor said the big test is if she will start eating good. Her protein level is half what it should be, but that's because the only things she does eat is veggies or fruit. Mom's health has been like a yo-yo (up and down).

Leslie and I visited with her this evening. We got there in time for supper. Mom sounded so perky at first. As soon as the nurse left, she wanted me to lay her down right off the bat. "No, I can't do that" I told her. She started the "awe, Mirya!" I told her that I couldn't do this anymore, being very compassionate, because the doctors and nurses say we have to be a little hard on her for her own good. If she doesn't eat and exercise, she will lay in ICU and die. I think we all pretty much gave her a speech about if she wants to live and come home, she has to eat. She didn't argue with me this time. She joined in on our conversation at times. I was very proud of her, she ate all of her Cream of Chicken Soup and drank some Grape Juice. She was exhausted by the time we were ready to leave. The nurse did tell me, they took a culture of Mom's throat again because her tongue is black. As you may know, she has been dealing with Thrush for the past several months because of all the antibiotics giving her a yeast infection. Well, I've noticed that her tongue started off being very milky white and as time went on her tongue would get darker and darker. I noticed it was black last week, but the nurses didn't tell us if it was normal or not. The nurse today said that it wasn't black because of Thrush. She said her white blood cell count has gone up slightly and they think it's because of the tongue. If the culture doesn't grow anything in the next few days, they might do a biopsy.

Aunt Sherry is leaving tomorrow for TX. We appreciate all she has done for us and being so supportive. She has been a rock for us and we don't know how to thank her. THANK YOU! We will miss her, but we know she needs to be with her family. She needs to be with them because they are her rock through this difficult time. I know her being here has been great support for Sandy. Now, if Sandy can hang in there until we can get Wade here. I don't know how she can be gone from Wade for so long, without going crazy. Doug was gone on a business trip to FL awhile back for a week and I thought I was going to loose my mind. I missed him so bad. Yeah, we get on each others nerves at times, but it's hard when we are a part for any length of time.

On the way home for some reason, Leslie and I were talking about cheesecake. I don't remember how the conversation came up, but I asked her if she had ever been to "The Cheesecake Factory." She told me that she had heard of the place, but had never been. We were not far from it and I told her my treat. Apparently, she didn't catch on to what I was saying. She asked me were I was going and I told her that I wanted to treat her to "The Cheesecake Factory." She seemed surprised. I got to introduce her to "The Summit." She had never been there. As soon as I opened the door to the restaurant, her eyes lit up. I showed her the different cheesecakes on display and we were so lucky to get a seat right away. I told her how I've had to wait for 2 hours to be seated in the past. She couldn't believe it. I warned her about the menu, being a book. She asked if they only served cheesecake, but she soon found out there is a lot more to the restaurant. I don't think she believed me at first when I told her the menu was a book. Her eyes were huge when the waitress gave us our menus. I got tickled at her. I believe she ordered the Caramel and Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake and I got the Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake. Oh my gosh! I think the Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake is new since the last time I ate there because I would remember an Oreo cheesecake. HEAVEN! Sheer heaven. Smooth and not too rich - sheer decadence is what it was. I love their tea. I can't explain it, it's like there's some kind of fruity flavor to it. It's so delicious! Of course, we couldn't finish our cheesecake, so was brought it home with us. I think Leslie liked it because she said that she was going to have her boyfriend, Cody, bring her back again. I told her the secret about placing an order for two people. You both choose one thing that you could split. It doesn't cost as much, you don't waste so much food and you're not stuffed. The trouble is finding something you both would like to eat. Good luck there!


I would like to congratulate Leslie for receiving a scholarship award from AHS Honors Society (I believe, not too sure if that's the name of the organization). Anyway, you go girl!

Doug's Party
Doug's party is coming right along. We are expecting 45 + people, unless something comes up. I've been working like a mad woman for the past couple of days, that's why you haven't heard from me. I thought I was going to loose my mind yesterday, while preparing for his party. The printer and scanner both went on the fritz and I really needed them to work. After working on it for 2 hours, I finally gave up, called Doug and let him know about it. He began giggling at me. He knows how I have a hard time with electronics, especially the computer and TV. Truthfully, they have a mind of their own and they know I go crazy when something doesn't go right. Well, Doug suggested rebooting the entire system to see if the printer/scanner would work. I was able to reboot last night and it worked. I worked on party stuff until 3:00 a.m. this morning. I slept until 8:30 a.m., got up and started on it again until 1:00 p.m. I started running out of supplies, so I've got to go by Walmart and/or Hobby Lobby sometime either tomorrow or the next day. I've finished two posters out of five. Once I get started, it doesn't take much time to get them done, so I'm not worried. I can't go into a lot of detail because YOU KNOW WHO IS READING THIS BLOG! Nosey! tehe!

Decoration Day
With us being glued to the phone most of Sunday morning, we didn't make it to Peggy and Millard's church preaching. We stopped by the cemetery to drop off the azalea on the grave. I found the prettiest azaleas at Food World (of all places) the other day. They are peach or apricot color and best of all, they are double bloomed. I think double bloomed azaleas are beautiful. I grabbed two just a like to go on the graves for decoration day. Apparently, church had just let out because everyone was still there visiting outside. We had a nice visit with everyone at Peggy and Millard's house. Ty, Trey and Katie were off playing. Trey and Katie had a blast running around like little Indians. Ha Ha! I think Pat counted 28 people there for lunch. We couldn't get over the food that everyone brought. I don't think anyone went home hungry. tehe! We have pictures on the photosite for you to look at.

Yesterday, Dad brought home the flowers from the graves and let me take home my azalea along with an azalea he bought for the graves. The sun had really gotten a hold of them, so I went straight home and planted them by my big ol' oak tree. It's real shady and hopefully they'll flourish. Peggy brought me the other azalea today. I wasn't able to plant it tonight because we were going to the hospital, so I watered it real good. As soon as I can tomorrow, I'll plant it with the others. My plan is to slowly fix up the back yard. I guess I can start by planting flowering bushes like azaleas that love shade.

I don't know if I know everyone in this photo. It looks like from left to right: Sis, Henry, ?, Doug, Shawn & Malcolm. I'm sorry, but I don't recognize the girl sitting beside Sis. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Presenting Mr. Kool and The Gang!

As it says at the top of this picture - "Sporting all of his new gadgets!" This is definiately true! If there's one thing about Douglas, he loves to keep up with the latest technology. This is why we are going to have to have our brand new TV serviced already and it hasn't been two - three months since we've had it. Piece of crap equipment.

No comments: