Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Be A Good Friend

I was reading a daily devotional by Dr. Charles Stanley (I love his teachings) called "In Touch". I wanted to share just a paragraph in today's devotion that really struck my heart.

"Being a good friend is a way to serve the Lord. He designed us to be in relationship with others, so we should give our best to every companion God places in our life."

This is so true. Yeah, I have more family in my life than close friends. The way I see it is, they are my friends just as much as family. Outside of the family, I try to make new friends every where I go. It doesn't matter if I chit chat with someone in the Walmart check out line or at church. I try to keep in mind that God has a reason for allowing perfect strangers to come into our lives every day. They might be having a bad day and your smile or a kind word could change their luck. I know if I'm having a bad day or trouble, I would appreciate a complete stranger to help me in some way.

Thank you for being my friend in good and bad times.

Your Sister In Christ :<)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love ya, Girl!

sarah and allan said...

woohoo our guy won! the poll was right. I was shocked. I thought for sure david A. locked it in lastnight. I"m so glad cook won. He seemed to have more talent. I'm sure david a will have a great shot at stardom though.