Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Leaving A Mark


Okay, let me explain why Katie has marker all over her face and hands/arm. I was working on Jonathan's belated birthday card in the computer room when the phone rang. I went to get the phone and it was Sandy. I was talking to her about Mom and Jonathan's birthday present. When I hung up, I went back to the computer room. I noticed Katie was hiding under the computer table. When she finally came out, there it was all over her face. She wrote on the computer screen, a clock, her face and arms with a red sharpie marker. She even painted her finger nails. Ugh!

Fortunately, I was able to get the marker off of the computer screen, but the clock was a lose. I put her in time out, while I cleaned up her mess. She had a fit when she found out that I took her TV away for the remainder of the day because of marking all over everything. She thought she was pretty when I showed her her reflection in the mirror. I had to take her picture. I was hoping for shame and regret, but instead I got happy and sporting. I was able to get the marker off of her face, after her tubby. You can still see a faint pink marking on her hands and arm.

In this picture, Katie is showing off her new Tinkerbell swimsuit that she received from Alise this past weekend. She insisted on wearing it all day today. Later, I was able to get her to put a dress on top of the swimsuit.

Laura - guess what Katie is now saying or asking? "Why Mommy?" Thanks Alise! Tehe! I think it's funny. She doesn't want to stay home period anymore. If we do go some where, Dad's or the store, she doesn't want to go back home. If she recognizes the route home, she starts begging for us to go some where else because she doesn't want to go home. I don't remember hearing Alise asking people what your favorite color or song is. Anyway, Katie's been asking me questions since Sunday. The one question was "Mommy, what's your favorite color?" I'll tell her pink and then I'll ask her what her's is. I don't know if she hasn't made a connection with the question and actual colors because she'll say Barbie or Kitty cat. I've been working on her about that question and I'm hoping that I'm helping her make the connection. Tonight, she was singing and out of the blue she asked me what my favorite song was. I just picked a name "You are my sunshine." I asked her the same question. She stood there and thought and thought, but never would answer me. So, I began naming off song titles like "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "Jingle Bells." She finally began singing "Jingle Bells" with me.

According to Sandy and Dad, Mom had another good day. Dad said Mom sat up in bed and talked to them the whole full hour. Mom told them that Dr. King told her, if everything goes alright, she could leave the ICU in about a week. Dad was happy that Mom ate most, if not all her lunch.

2 comments:

The Thorsrud Family said...

HAHHAHAHA!!!! That's great! Maddie and Katie are opposites. ;0) I think I told you that Maddie wrote on herself in Wal-Mart on accident and when she happened to see herself in a mirror she was so upset saying, "off off!" I was trying to avoid any mirrors until we got home to wipe if off. TOO FUNNY!

Laura said...

I just relived the whole episode of Alise drawing on my white kitchen cabinets with a blue sharpie! They are definitly cousins!!