Friday, June 27, 2008

A Date With My Hubby

Okay, first of all this is a clarification to all of you that don't know what a bbq "butt" is. A "butt" is a Southern or Alabama way of saying barbecue Boston Butt. Such comedians that love to read my blog. LOL! :P

Now, I've got to tell you about my wonderful date with the love of my life. Millard and Peggy came by on their way home from town and picked up Katiebug to spend the night. Poor Katie! I tried my best to get her to take a nap from 1:00 and finally she gave it up by 3:30 this afternoon. Doug went in her bedroom to wake her up around 5:00 and she remained laying around in her bed. Millard and Peggy got here around 5:30, I had to go and drag Katie out of the bed, wash her up and make her go potty before she left. She was still so sleepy and all she wanted me to do is hold her. It took a while, but she finally came around.

We decided to go to Bridge Street and see the new Indiana Jones movie at the Monoco. Well, the movie didn't start until 8:15, so we decided to go eat first. We've already eaten at Laredo, so we wanted to try Connor's Steakhouse. We got there around 6:30 and their wait was 2 hours. Did you read that? Two (2) hours! Oh my gosh! We both looked at each other and left. Before going to Red Robins, we thought we would check out one more place - P.F. Changs. I love P.F. Changs and the wait was only 30-40 minutes. YES! As we were waiting, Doug and I were contemplating as to how long it had been since we've been to a P.F. Changs. I guess it was in Memphis during one of the Ducks Unlimited Shows. Wow! That was many moons ago. Anyway, me and this older lady got to talking about what we were deciding to eat. Oh, I was so hungry and everything looked and smelled wonderful. Doug and I were a little miffed because the older couple, we were talking to, got seated before us and we were there a little longer than they were. Ugh! How dare they? Didn't they know how hungry I was? When we finally got seated, we had to get our usual Chicken Lettuce Wraps as a starter. Yummy! It's so delicious. Doug loves spicy hot foods, so he wanted to take the chance on the Dali Chicken. Wow! I tried it and it was a slow heat, but Doug really liked the taste. He said, it was his new favorite dish. I tried their Chang's Spicy Chicken and it was my new favorite dish. We both really wanted a side of fried rice to go along with our meal, instead of plain steamed rice. Unfortunately, you couldn't choose between the two. It was either brown or steamed rice, but you could get the fried rice as extra. That's a lot of wasted food. We loved our waitress, she was so sweet. She knew that I had my heart set on fried rice, but we ended up ordering the brown rice. Bless her heart, she said she spoke to the manager and they ended up giving us a combination fried rice (shrimp, beef and chicken) on the house. I couldn't thank her enough. Oh, I could have made a meal off of the fried rice alone. I don't know what they put in their fried rice to make it taste so great. I'm sure I was making Doug sick, dissecting every dish. I told him how I would love to get the recipe for their Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Fried Rice. He told me to check out the internet for the recipes. I might just do that because I absolutely love these dishes. Everything we ate tonight was absolutely scrumptious and I hated to stop, but I knew I would regret it later. Tehe!

Of course, we missed the movie, but that's okay. To be perfectly honest, I don't much care for movie theaters. You never know what you are going to step or sit in and who you're going to sit next to. You spend approximately $7-$8 a ticket to sit near someone that's going to talk throughout the whole movie. Better yet, someone brings their children and the kids talk or cry the whole time. It's very rare that I've really enjoyed myself in a movie theater. I'd much rather be at home with my own snacks and be able to pause, whenever necessary, when watching a movie.

Because we missed the movie, Doug went to the Apple Store and I headed to J. Jill's. Have I ever told you how much I love J. Jill's? They had these nice snap hoodies on sale in a pretty blue. I also had to try on a pair of shorts and a shirt that was on sale, but it didn't flatter me at all. Yuck! Something kept drawing me to the hoodie. I had to get it, plus I got it for half off the original price. Doug even liked it on me. On the way to the car, I had to stop off at Gymboree, but I didn't see anything I had to have.

It was such a beautiful night, not too hot. Between these plaza stores, there's this cobble stone courtyard where different street performers were doing their thing (singing, playing their instruments and entertaining the crowds). It really drew the crowd that's for sure. In one section of the courtyard, there are these dancing waters. A small group of kids began playing out in the water while their parents sat watching from the park benches. The children were soaked from head to toe and having a fantastic time. Because it was such a perfect evening, there were quite a few people commercing outside over dinner and drinks. When you have a perfect evening such as tonight, you nearly don't want it to end.

To put the whipped topping on the cake, I called baby girl to wish her a good night. She was deciding what movie she was going to watch with Paw-Paw Millard. She was having such a great time, spending time with her grandparents.

Tomorrow, Doug and I are going to pick up Millard, Peggy and Katie and head for the airshow. Woo Hoo! The rain chances have decreased to 30% or 40%, so I hope it turns out to be a success. If you plan on going, I guess we'll see you there.

1 comment:

The Thorsrud Family said...

i love that you got a date with doug. That's great. It's so hard to do, and sometimes more of a hassle, but once you get out it's totally worth it! Thanks for the congrats!