Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Blogger Heading

Okay, I couldn't stand it. I had to figure out how Ashley created Laura's Blog Header. She did a fantastic job, by the way. I got on Photoshop Elements and drafted out this header. I really didn't know exactly what I wanted. Boy, did I ever have a challenge figuring out the width & length. I went through several drafts before I came up with this one. Now that I know how to do it, you'll be expecting different layouts from me in the next few weeks. tehe! I can't take all the credit. I had to do some research on the web and get tips from other bloggers. Wow! Their tips sure did help or I would have never had figured it out. Laura - do you know if Ashley drafted your's out by using Photoshop? Please let me know because I am very interested.

As you can tell, Katie and I are taking it easy today. I'm still feeling a little blah, so I would really like to stay in the house. Actually, I'm surprised Katie allowed me to stay in the house today. Ever since we got the pool, all she's wanted to do is go outside and swim. Of course, Will hasn't come over yet today. Will is taking swimming lessons all week and afterwards, him and his Mom stop by Evelyn's house for the evenings. Evelyn told me Monday, he will be visiting her all week. So far, he's come over everyday this week. Last night, I was trying to get Katie ready for supper and I ended up spending about 15 minutes outside explaining to Will why Katie can't eat supper with him. Then he started in on wanting her to spend the night with him at his grandma's house. I finally told him "no means no." He would make a great attorney when he gets older because he doesn't take no as the final answer.

I spoke to Sandy this morning. Bless her heart! She is just as tired or more than I am from this past month. Sandy - you might as well give up trying to catch up on sleep.

Cherokee Indian Rite of Passage
Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of passage? His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him alone. He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not remove the blindfold until the rays of the morning sun shine through it. He cannot cry out for help to anyone. Once he survives the night, he is a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of this experience because each lad must come into manhood on his own. The boy is naturally terrified. He can hear all kinds of noises. Wild beasts must surely be all around him. Maybe even some human might do him harm. The wind blew the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could become a man! Finally, after a horrific night, the sun appeared and he removed his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his father sitting on the stump next to him. He had been at watch the entire night, protecting his son from harm. We, too, are never alone. Even when we don't know it, our Heavenly Father is watching over us, sitting on the stump beside us. When trouble comes, all we have to do is reach out to Him.

Moral of the Story: Just because you can't see God, doesn't mean He is not there 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' ~ 2 Corinthians 5:7 ~
- I received this story from Laura and wanted to share it with other parents -

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi - it's Ashley! I came over because I saw your comment on Laura's blog and just wanted to let you know that if you have any questions about your blog header, or how to adjust the HTML code, please feel free to email me (ashleywages at sbglocal dot net). It's actaully very simple and fun when you get the hang of it. I actually got started desinging becuase realized that it was just digital scraping!

Great work,
Ashley

Laura said...

I see Ashley has already contacted you. I have no idea how, what, why or anything. Like I said, I just told her what I liked and she did the rest. I just don't have the time or patience to play with it. I like just being able to tell somebody and then BAM! It's there!! Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

oh man...i was just looking at your upcoming events....Jake is turning 1?!?!?!?!?!? Who was going to tell me??? haha. That's crazy. Love, Liz

Laura said...

I keep waiting to plop on here and find something new!!