Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Groundhog's Day!

Photobucket






How sad it is to find out that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow; therefore, predicting 6 more weeks of Winter. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for Spring. I went through some Spring pictures late last night on Photobucket and it got me in the Spring mood. It would be so good to get out of the house and go for a long walk or a picnic. I love picnics. I found some real cute picnic baskets for kids at Target and Walmart, which gets me so excited for Spring. I went ahead and got Katie a bug kit with the wire mesh box and magnifying glass. I thought about getting the matching butterfly net, but I figured she was too young for one of those right now. I plan on giving them along with her Veggie Tale movie to her for Valentine's Day.

We are going to visit Millard and Peggy today. I hope it stays nice and sunny most of the day, so we can get outside for a little bit. A little sunshine and fresh air always clears the soul. Doug took the car by to get the oil changed and the place he normally uses went up on their prices. So, he's going to change it at his Mom and Dad's while we are there.

I plan on visiting my Mom tomorrow because her birthday is this week. Susan and I are going to go over there right after church. Sue plans to bake her a cake. We both feel Dad needs to get out of the house for a little bit, relax and do some things he's been putting off. We hope to get Mom outside on her porch for a little bit and get some sunshine. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow, but maybe we can schedule our brief outting around the rain. We'll see.

No comments: