Sunday, February 17, 2008

Updates on the Patients

I checked in on Mom this morning. Dad said she seemed to be doing good and eating pretty good. Dr. Harsh had already come in this morning. He told them that the culture they tested last night isn't growing like he had expected. So, they don't know what kind of infection they are dealing with right now. He did go ahead and get her started on an antibiotic that would cover several different types of infections. Dad said Dr. Harsh is wanting Mom to stay in the hospital most of this week.

Peggy talked with Doug after church about Vonell. The doctors have postponed her Angioplasty for tomorrow. Apparently, they are overwhelmed with emergencies that are in more severe condition than Vonell. Joyce called us earlier today and talked with Doug. She didn't know about my Mom and asked if we were going to see James and Vonell at the hospital. Doug explained to her about Katie's cough and me not feeling well. I just can't seem to get over this sinus trouble and all the symptoms that come with it.

Katie ended up sleeping with us last night; therefore, I didn't get much sleep. Every time she coughed or made a noise, I was up making sure she wasn't going to throw up. I plugged in the humidifer, so that seemed to help. She still has a cough, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. I've had the humidifer going all day, hoping that it helps her out. I'm just hoping tomorrow will be a better day for all of us.

1 comment:

sarah and allan said...

poor thing. i hope you guys get feeling better. we are thinking about all of you all.