Thursday, June 28, 2007

Among The Living

Yes, it's me. I made it through my teeth extraction surgery. I feel pretty good, I'm just a little sore in my sinus region and jaw area. The document I had to sign before the surgery stated I might have TMJ problems or my TMJ condition may worsen. I hope it doesn't, but right now I can't open my mouth very wide - too stiff & sore. Under the circumstance it was a nice experience at the oral surgeon office. The doctor and his staff was so considerate, understanding and sweet to me the whole time. All I remember is talking with the doctor's assistant, she is due (pregnant) on the 25th of July, all of the sudden I got really dizzy and I was trying my best to tell them what I was experiencing - LIGHTS OUT. The next thing I remember is them helping me walk from the surgery room to the recovery room. They brought Doug back there with me to help me wake up. At the time, I was so drunk that I was seeing double of everything. I remember, I started laughing. Doug was laughing at me the whole time. Here I needed consoling and he takes my pictures because I looked silly in my condition. I didn't care, but now he's threatening to put it on the web. tehe! There is no telling what I looked like, but I'm sure it was funny. I want to thank you for all your prayers, they were definitely felt. I'm so thankful to God for such a smooth transaction.

Millard & Peggy were nice enough to stay most of the day with us and help take care of Katie. I made them all a big pot of roast beef, potatoes, carrots and onions. Peggy brought some of her famous Mexican Cornbread to go with the meal. Me, I got to eat Strawberry-Banana Apple Sauce (Yummy!), Chocolate Pudding and juice. At first I tried sipping on some Chicken Broth, but I could tell real quick that it was going to make me sick if I ate anymore.

Poor Katie couldn't understand what was going on. I tried to explain to her a little bit before I left that I was going to the doctor to get a shot and Grandma Peggy was going to look after her for me. Of course, she had to repeat everything I said, so I knew she was listening to me. When I got home, I was still really drunk feeling and she knew right off the bat something was different about me. She kept coming over to me in my recliner and touching me. I tried to explain to her that Mommy was sick. She was concerned enough about me that she wouldn't leave me alone for a minute. She would break between playing time with Grandma Peggy and check on me. She is so sweet! There was even a time or two when she told me to "get up Mommy." I let her crawl up in the recliner with me off and on to rock with me.

I think Doug is going in to work late tomorrow and just work for a few hours. Meanwhile, my Mom will be staying with Katie and I. She is excited to come over and play with Katie. I hope Katie doesn't wear Mom out and get too rough with her.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Glad everything went well!! Hugs!