Sunday, June 3, 2007

Where Has Time Gone?

Laura, I know what you are talking about. In your blog, you were talking about Alise getting up earlier in the mornings. Well, Katie has gradually started getting up earlier and earlier. This doesn't go well with my late night ritual - watch local news, while blogging, then I have to watch Bernie Mac (love it!) & don't forget Seinfield soon after. Depending on how much I have to blog & if I need to key in any reward points (pampers & coke), there are nights when I don't turn everything off until 1:00 in the morning. I do this at night because it's the only time I have to myself. I guess you can say this is my winding down time. We put Katie to bed around 8:00 at night. Of course, I hear her play in her bed until around 10:00-10:30. If she falls to sleep that late, she normally doesn't get up until 8:00 the next day. For the past few days, she has been getting up at 5:00-6:00 in the morning. She has gotten up as early at 3:00 in the morning and will not go back to sleep. So, I shut our bedroom door that way Doug will get some sleep and Katie & I will go into the Living Room to settle down. I've tried putting her in bed with us, but that doesn't work anymore. She starts crying for milk. I've been allowing her to drink a little juice rather than milk, so I wonder if there is any connection. Is she not getting enough milk during the day? She's still gaining weight, but nothing compared to most children her age. Her next doctor's appointment is not until the 25th of July, so I need to try and measure how much milk she is drinking now. I do this because her doctor will ask. Normally, she'll drink approximately 30-32 ounces a day.

Katie's cold seems to be getting better. There have been days where I've wondered if I should take her to the doctor (colored mucus discovered). Really that was the only symptom she had to let me know she might be getting an infection. With all the controversy about children's cold medicines, Katie's doctor and I feel better not giving her any at this age. All I knew what to do is give her apple juice for the drainage and keep her humidifier going in her room. Thankfully, the mucus went back to clear. Today, her nose wasn't runny at all. Her poor little nose has gotten so raw and sore. We've kept lotion (my age-fighting moisturizer from Mary Kay) on her nose. Bless her heart, after forcing her to hold still, so I could wipe her nose good. I had to get the hard boogers out with a wet wipe and I know it hurt her getting them out, but I had to do it. I felt so bad for her with all the crying and begging me to stop, broke my heart. Each time I had to do that I asked her if she wanted lotion on her nose. "Uh, huh." she said. So I put a drop on her finger for her to wipe it on her nose. Of course, I had to help a little and make sure it was on her nose good. The lotion on her nose put a smile back on her face.

Millard and Peggy stopped by this evening and visited. It had been awhile since we saw them last. Bless their heart, they've been trying to have most of their floors replaced. They are having wood flooring installed in four rooms and hallway. The person they hired to do the job told them he had plenty of the wood in stock to install in their house. His crew started on the job last Thursday and by Friday, the guy told Millard he didn't have enough wood to finish the job. He would have to reorder the wood and come back early next week. One of the four rooms and the hallway are all that's left to be finished. Needless to say, Peggy was about fit to be tied and I don't blame her one bit. It sounds like the guy has been so disrespectful and unprofessional the whole time she has had to deal with him. Now, they are afraid the guy won't finish the job. He has in his possession a little more the half the money it cost to finish the job. Please keep Millard and Peggy in your prayers - the guys will come back early this week and finish the job to their liking and all will be okay.

Doug had a deacon's meeting tonight, so Katie and I took a nap (make up the hours that I lost last night).

Where has time gone? I just knew I had a week to rest and get my house in order before anymore upcoming events. I was reminded tonight, Millard's birthday is this weekend. Okay! It looks as if we are going SHOPPING! While we are out, I think I will go ahead and knock out Father's Day gifts. Doug and I will be celebrating our 12th Anniversary on the 10th of June. I'll have to see if we can get a babysitter (hint, hint!). Even if we do get a babysitter, we'll probably end up staying at home. Do you know why? WE ARE BROKE! Yes, between last month & this month, I would have to say - We're Broke! Not to say we were ever rich to begin with. Besides, we have to save money (Doug) for our little princess a dream castle birthday cake & ribs (tehe! Inside joke).

Okay, I know I was one of those people that said she would never watch "The DaVinci Code." I didn't know it, but Doug TiVo'd the movie last night. I do appreciate a good mystery movie (one of my favorite types of movies), but I hesitated to allow myself to get involved in this movie. Before I watched it, I reminded myself it was completely fictional and I don't believe a word of it to be true. I definitely do not encourage anyone new to the Christian life or with little faith to watch this movie. I can see where some people could get confused because there are so many truths and events twisted and intertwined, which would make it seem possible when it is completely FALSE. I know as soon as Doug watches this crazy movie, it will be deleted from our TiVo ASAP.

Take care of each other & God Bless!

No comments: