Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

I wanted to wish all the Daddy's a wonderful Happy Father's Day! I took a picture of Katie, Doug & his Dad today. I will try to post it tomorrow. We had a real good Father's Day! We started off visiting our Heavenly Father. I know I've mentioned it before, but I tell you again. Katie loves her Sunday School Class. You know, I was hesitate to move her up from the 1 year old class a couple of months ago. Now, I think we did a good thing. I think it's because not all of the kids in the 2 year old class cry and carry on like one year olds. She can't handle the crying because she feels she must chime in. This morning when I dropped her off, she went right in like she knew exactly what she was doing. She seemed disappointed I came back to pick her up. There were approximately 6 (2-3 year) children in her class at the time. I tried several times to get her to come on. After the fifth time of "Katie lets go," she got the message and had to tell everybody (individually) goodbye. I was cute! All the kids were telling Katie "Bye, Katie" and of course, she would say bye back, everytime they said bye. As you can imagine, this took some time for them to get their "byes" out. There were a couple of children that had to say "bye" two or three times. The Terri, teacher, and myself just laughed because it was the cutest thing. After church, we went to Millard & Peggy's for lunch. I was so glad Katie took one of her two hour naps at their house because I knew she wouldn't have taken a nap at June's house. We had a real nice visit. Henry & Keisha came by for lunch and visited a little while. Keisha is doing good. She is still working at BTB and is still single. I think Henry likes it that way! tehe! Around 5:00, we headed back home to reload the truck and head to Pat & June's for supper. Thankfully, Leslie still had on her bathing suit because Katie was bound and determined to go swimming in the big pool. We suited her up and she basically stayed around the stairs. This was a good thing because June, Mom and myself sat around on the edge of the pool where the stairs are located, talking and watching Katie. Katie kept wanting to put her face in the water. There were a couple of times where she got too much water up her nose, but she'll learn. I told June how she does during tubby time, she lays on her belly in the tub and likes to put her face in the water. Fortunately, she doesn't get a nose and mouth full of water. June says it's a good thing because then she won't be terrified of water. I know when one of June's nieces (on the other side of the family) was around 4-5 years old, it took forever for her to warm up to getting in the pool, she was terrified of the water until she got older. Katie loved having all the attention. She threw rocks with Aunt Sue-Sue, which was right up her alley. She went swimming with Jon and Leslie. She was chased around the yard by Leslie, Grandma Jerry, Ryan, Sue-Sue & June. She had a ball! She also stayed busy by giving ice to the dogs. Maryann & Kevin brought their two dogs, Mom had her dog & the next door neighbor just bought a Jack Russell puppy. The little puppy has taken up with Pat & June's house, so he comes over everyday around 4:00 because that's when June, Pat, Mom & Dad like to sit outside and talk about their day. It's a cute little puppy and just as friendly and sweet as he can be. Katie had a field day playing with those dogs. I don't care for her messing with Mom's dog or Jack (Maryann's - Chihuahua) because they are older mean dogs, but now I love Lala (Whitney/Maryann's - Longhaired Dachshund). By the time we got home, Katie was wiped out. At bedtime, we had to relive the whole day. She had to name off all the people she played with today - a few times.

I hope you have a great week!

No comments: