Saturday, June 30, 2007

Headaches!

Well hey, it's me again. For those of you who have had your wisdom teeth removed or any teeth removed might understand why I haven't been in too much of a writing mood. Today, I've experienced more headaches/face aches then yesterday. I've been trying to take it easy on my pain pills because I don't know how many more days I'm going to have these headaches and the pills knock me out. Yesterday, I tried to be brave enough to touch my stitches and holes with my tongue, but they were too sensitive. Touching my gums with my tongue caused my stomach to flip. Yuck! I'm so weak. Today, my gums are not as sensitive, so I've been feeling my gums again with my tongue. I didn't get sick this time, so that's a big plus. When I eat, it feels so weird because I've always had those teeth back there and I never imagined how much I really used them. I'm still hanging in there and hoping each day that goes by will be better than the last. I want to thank all the people checking in on me. I've had so many sweet concerned people calling on me and I want to let you know that I appreciate it so much.

I have some sad news to report. Toni, the one I've been asking for special prayer, passed away this morning at the age of 49 years old. She had been fighting Parkinson's Disease for close to ten years and now has gone to be with her Lord, Jesus Christ. Who was Toni? What kind of person was she? When she was well, she loved life itself. She always had a smile on her face and loved to make other people laugh. If she knew you were having a bad day, she would do little things. There have been days where I would find a piece of Special Dark Chocolate candy with a special message stuck to it on my desk. We really helped each other out when it came to a good ear or having to get a project done. Like most Mother's, she lived for her three children. She tried to set a good example for them to live by. She talked to them about the hardships of life and listened to their problems. She was a dear sweet soul with a heart of gold and she will be dearly missed. Thank you so much for all your prayers and God heard every one of them. She is now free from the disease that destroyed her appearance, but not her spirit.

No comments: