Friday, June 22, 2007

Katie Still Sick

Well it's official, Katie has some type of virus. Yes, I said virus. This morning, baby girl got a bellyache (if you know what I mean). Fortunately, it didn't last long, but she still has the high temperatures (100.7 - 102.8 degrees). Yuck! Bless her heart! I felt so bad for her because I know she didn't feel good. We just curled up on the couch today and watched movies. Her new favorite movie of the month is "Beauty and the Beast." I got so tired of watching it three times yesterday that when she wanted to watch it for the second time today, I suggested to watch Bambi. Lucky for me, she liked that suggestion just as well. Since tomorrow will be the third day of this stuff, hopefully she'll be feeling better. Please note: It's amazing how kids bounce up and down when it comes to being sick. Right now, she is bouncing around on the bed with us. She is playing with her Daddy and won't go to sleep. Yeah, I tried putting her in her bed, but she kept crying and carrying on that she didn't feel good. She loves playing us and she does it so well.

Ya'll are going to think I've bumped my head! On eBay, I've been watching the DVDs "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" and "Beauty and the Beast." I'll tell you one thing, these people that buy up the Disney movies (keep the wrapper on them) will make some money, as soon as the movie is taken off the shelves. I've seen a "Beauty and the Beast" and "Sleeping Beauty" go for over $40 a piece. After several tries, I finally won bids for both "Snow White" and "Beauty", just don't ask me how much I paid. tehe!

I called Portrait Innovations today and scheduled an appointment for next month to have Katie & Alise's picture made together.

I got so aggravated about the table and chair set I ordered for Katie. I was expecting to have it here in time for Katie's party. I ordered a Step2 Lifestyle Folding Table and Chair Set from the Step2 Company. I received an email from Step2 a week ago Wednesday stating, they had shipped my order via FedEx and I should receive it in 3-8 days. It's been 7 days, I got a little excited so I thought I would check the tracker. FedEx was saying online, it was not a known number. What? I called FedEx in hopes there was some mistake. Nope! There was no mistake. I called Step2 to find out what's going on and it's a good thing that I checked into this because they said my order never made it on the truck. What? They gave me an option to either get a full refund or have them send me another and they would refund my shipping cost. Yes, I want the order! This lady said she would send me an email next Tuesday or Wednesday with the status of my order. I hope they can get it to me as soon as possible.

I got an update on Toni this morning. The nurses can't seem to keep her fever down. The high temperature wants to stay around 104 degrees. I've been told this isn't good. I know nothing about the medical world, so I have no idea what a constant high temperature like this will do to your body. I've also been told, she is basically letting the breathing machine breath for her and I know that's not good.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Take care and keep us in your thoughts as we try to get Katie through this virus.

No comments: