Friday, June 8, 2007

"Empty Arms" by Pam Vredevelt



I read Laura's blog late last night and I am so sorry about her Doctor and friend, Dr. Sheppard. If you don't know, Dr. Sheppard recently had a miscarriage. She miscarried twins at 23 weeks. I can't imagine what she might be going through, but I do sympathize as a Mother. I started to just leave Laura a comment on her blog, but I thought I would spread the word about this book: "Empty Arms" by Pam Vredevedt.

Laura - I don't know how close you are to your doctor. If you can, I would recommend her reading this book. You know even doctors need spiritual encouragement. When my niece was going through so much trouble with her miscarriage, I kept asking for prayer in my Sunday School class. A dear friend came up to me and recommended this book to give to my niece. I didn't know at the time, but my friend had suffered through the grief of a couple of miscarriages. I sent my niece the book and she said it really helped her. She said it explained every possible feeling she was going through and encouraged her to keep going day after day. Since then, my niece and her husband gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. My great niece is now 18 months old and Liz, my niece, is expecting her second child in August/September. Of course, they went through some tough times conceiving my little niece and soon to be little nephew, but she had her book and lots of family support to get them through these experiences. I ordered this book through Books a Million, so I'm sure you can get this book at any bookstore, in the self help section. I will keep Dr. Sheppard in my prayers and hope everything will work out for her (family & career).

No comments: